A Word from Bruce …
Recent Announcements and Achievements in the Electorate of Maranoa.
• $508 million upgrade to the Warrego Highway from Toowoomba to Miles including up to 14 additional overtaking lanes between Oakey and Miles;
• Toowoomba Second Range Crossing: A national freight corridor which will grow the Maranoa’s agricultural sector and Surat Basin mining developments;
• Support for drought-affected farmers: extension of concessional loans to eligible farm businesses, funds for water infrastructure and pest eradication, and for counselling services
• Veteran community pension increase of up to $24.20 per fortnight;
• Internet services in regional and remote areas with $18.4 million to increase current capacity on the Interim Satellite Service. Two new satellites will be launched next year;
• $5.6 million commitment to preserve our nation’s history and construct a new Outback Entertainment Centre at the Australian Stockman’s Hall of Fame in Longreach.
The Maranoa Electorate is an area of 731,297 square kilometres, making it the largest federal electorate in Queensland. It abounds in natural resources, primary industries and pioneering icons which reflect the heart and heritage of Australia.
The spirit and innovative nature of the people of this electorate make me very proud to represent Maranoa in the capacity of Federal Member and I encourage those who either live or are visiting here to experience and take advantage of all that this electorate has to offer.